Let’s continue our project for visual basic with flash.
1. First create a New Project and choose Standard EXE.
2. We need a Component that will allow us to communicate to our SWF file which we created previously.
On the menu bar, click Project > Components. Under the Controls Tab, check Shocwave Flash and click Apply.
3. Now lets start designing our form.
Notice there is a new object on our tool, its the ShockwaveFlash object that we include lately in our components. Draw one of this into our form.
4. Add a TextBox, a Button and a Label into the form.
5. For the coding.
Open the Code Editor, and enter the following code.
Private Sub Command1_Click()
'Send the message from Text1 of Visual Basic to the msgvb of Flash.
Private Sub Form_Load()
‘Load the SWF in Visual Basic form.
Call ShockwaveFlash1.LoadMovie(0, App.Path & “/vbmx.swf”)
Private Sub ShockwaveFlash1_FSCommand(ByVal command As String, ByVal msgmx As String)
‘Get the value entered in Flash TextBox and pass it to Label1 of the Visual Basic.
Label1.Caption = msgmx
6. This is the final output of the example.